Interested in making a difference while establishing a long term, rewarding career path? Learn more about Norwich Solar and apply today!
About Norwich Solar
Norwich Solar is a rapidly growing Solar Energy Technology company located in White River Junction, Vermont and West Lebanon, New Hampshire. Norwich Solar provides a challenging but rewarding work environment; together with our clients and partners, our work supports local job creation, increased energy independence, and reduced pollution while following socially responsible business practices.
Interested in making a difference while establishing a long term, rewarding career path? Apply today.
Norwich Solar has been developing and commercializing leading-edge innovations in Renewable Energy Technology since 2011. Our mission is to continue to advance the integration and deployment of affordable solar power for regional organizations – enabling them to improve their bottom line while reducing their carbon footprint. Our clients include municipalities, community services institutions, schools, businesses large and small, and community solar residential clients.
Exceptional Healthcare Benefits
Company Matching Retirement Plans
An Outstanding, Supportive Workplace
Opportunities for Advancement
Norwich Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Interested in applying? Please send resumes and additional information to Norwich Solar at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
RunTime Asset Manager
The Asset Manager is responsible for monitoring status, coordinating maintenance, and generating periodic reports for all (140 +) projects in the RunTime Solar (RTS) portfolio.They will work closely with the General Manager to coordinate the daily operations and long-term growth of RTS. This fulltime position includes a robust benefit package offering medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K with company match, paid parental leave, vacation benefits, and a flexible work environment. The home office is located in White River Junction, with the flexibility to work mostly remote. The right candidate will have to be available to travel to the home office at least once or twice a month.
Work with General Manager to
Proactively plan and schedule O&M tasks to enhance and maintain performance of assets.
Communicate O&M priorities and schedule O&M Engineer / Technician site visits.
Daily monitoring, analysis and tracking of asset performance.
Create a monthly asset fleet report to monitor, analyze and track performance.
Utilizing Netsuite: identify, solve, and document O&M issues as they arise, from case establishment through invoicing.
Support onsite troubleshooting through remote monitoring analysis, and access to manuals and site design.
Manage all contract compliance and reporting related tasks to ensure prompt completion and full compliance with timelines, regulations, and reporting requirements.
Assess causes oftechnical underperformance of assets in collaboration with Operations, Engineering, and Accounting.
Help to improve processes related to reporting and contractual compliance requirements, including the AlsoEnergy monitoring platform.
Write custom reports and performance analysis to supplement routine reports when requested for RTS and NT.
Assist other departments by providing remote commissioning support for Operations, production confirmation for Accounting, and snow shedding device support for R&D.
Experience with operations, regulatory compliance, contract managementand technical reporting.
Problem solving experience.
Comfort with Google suite, Microsoft, Excel, CAD, AlsoEnergy.
Willingness to learnPVSyst, Helioscope,and the National Electric Code.
Focus on organization, detail and timeliness.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
A team player who enjoys a friendly, professional team dynamic.
NABCEP certification a plus, not required.
Bachelor’s degree with quantitative focus (eg. finance, engineering, environmental science, mathematics, economics or related majors).
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirement to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Norwich Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given due consideration regardless of race, religion, or gender.
The operations assistant position will support the operations team with warehousing and job site activities working out of our Windsor, VT warehouse. They will be responsible for all warehouse activities including maintaining a safe, clean workspace, materials handling, scheduling deliveries, unloading trucks, receiving inventory, efficient storage of materials, coordinating, and making job site deliveries. This person should be prepared to be on their feet moving materials much of their workday. Additionally, this role will prepare job materials for upcoming projects using our ERP system and manage our digital inventory and cycle counts.
● Schedule, unload, and receive warehouse deliveries
● Maintain warehouse cleanliness, organization, and meet OSHA standards
● Offload, organize, and store excess job materials, tools, and consumables
● Prepare job-specific materials.
● Drive truck and trailer to deliver materials to active job sites
● Support Operations & Maintenance activities when available
● Assist construction managers with multiple person tasks (unloading, site prep, cleaning, etc.)
● Perform monthly inventory cycle counts and rectify changes in inventory system
● Create and maintain efficient systems for warehouse material storage and usage towards reducing waste.
● Manage warehouse waste and e-recycling
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
● Experience with inventory and receiving systems (NetSuite a plus)
● Ability to drive a forklift (license preferred)
● Ability to lift 50lbs, occasionally up to 150 lbs.
● Ability to drive a large pickup truck and safely pull and backup a trailer
● 2+ years of warehouse or materials handling experience
● Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail
● Self-starter, positive “can do” attitude, determined problem-solving ability
● Able to work both under instruction and in a self-directed manner as needed
● Valid driver’s license is required
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Norwich Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given due consideration regardless of race, religion, or gender.
RunTime Solar O&M Service Technician
Work with existing Photovoltaic (PV) Systems installed by Norwich Solar and others. Perform service work, warranty work, and O&M duties throughout Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. PV system project size will range from 5kW to 5MW, including both ground-mounted and roof-mounted residential, commercial, industrial, and utility-scale grid-tied systems. Responsible for troubleshooting, documenting, and tracking assignments until completion, as well as data analysis using online monitoring platforms.
• Respond to service calls as dispatched, drive assigned issues, and seek advice/counsel as needed
• Track case progress and log communications with Asset/Service Manager using the NetSuite system
• Troubleshoot and implement code-compliant repairs in the field in a safe and efficient manner
• Fill out Service Work Orders, and track travel, labor time, and materials used for billing
• Communicate all day-to-day service matters with Asset/Service Manager
• Communicate company goals and direction with General Manager
• Document all site changes/fixes resulting from the O&M work, file reports to be added to job as archived documentation
• Secure additional field help for service work as needed, through Asset/Service Manager
• Perform PV system commissioning and testing procedures
• Assist Asset/Service Manager in feedback loop to NT, Operations, Project Management and Engineering teams by critically examining installations and sharing findings though constructive feedback for constant quality improvement
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• 1+ year minimum experience as a solar PV installer or designer
• Full NABCEP PV Certification, additional Electrical Licensure, or formal technical education
• Strong understanding of grid-tied solar installation, PV system design, installation commissioning procedures, shutdown/LOTO procedures, troubleshooting, monitoring, and repair
• Knowledge of the NEC and the ability to use and reference the code as required
• Proficient skill with computers, Windows OS, Microsoft Office, Google Suite
• Industrial Communications & Networking knowledge, wired and wireless
• Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail
• Self-starter, positive “can do” attitude, determined problem-solving ability
• Able to work both under instruction and in a self-directed manner as needed
• Valid driver’s license is required
• Position may occasionally require overnight travel